18 December 2009

Cooking for Turkey Day

I just wanted to shoot up a short post about the Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Bourbon Sauce I made for Thanksgiving. It turned out wonderful. During the baking process I neglected to add the 2T of flour (don't drink while baking kids it makes you forget things.) and I added 4 ginger snaps to the crust mixture. Yes, I did put in the extra effort to actually toast the pecans and yes I think it was worth it. I did miss the flour as I think it would've made the consistency more cakey which I think it lacked without the flour. Also I would've baked the crust longer, I put it in for 35 minutes and I still would've liked it to form up a bit more. The sauce was the shining star of this dish. I have no qualms with eating a pile of horse manure were it covered in this heavenly sauce. Here are a few pics of the creation process:

The crust in the food processor:


The crust pressed into the spring pan after baking:


Some of the high quality(hah!) ingredients I used:


The batter:


Right out of the oven:


Making the sauce the next day:


When doing laundry on Thanksgiving morning I cleaned out the lint trap in our dryer only to find that the ball of lint looked disturbingly like a heart!!:


Freaky, eh?

And finally the money shot. The finished product:


Just look at it. Ain't it sexy?

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm working on Day 2-3 of our NYC trip so it will be up soon, don't you worry.

Other Similar Ramblings



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment