02 April 2011

The Dark Tower Casting Dream Team

I don't do many non-food related posts on this here blog o' mine, but I've been thinking a lot about my favorite novel series going to the big (and little) screen and ever since they announced who will be playing the main character Roland (Javier Bardem) I've been pondering who I would like to see cast. So, I thought I would put together the perfect cast that fit how I pictured the characters in my head as I was reading the series. I know this probably won't really strike home with many of the readers of this blog, but I figured I might as well throw my two cents out there into the infinite blogosphere.


Daniel Craig as Roland Deschain. This one was easy for me due to the piercing blue eyes essential to the role, and of course his rugged, slightly weathered good looks, and pure badassedness.

Gary Oldman as The Man in Black. Simply a perfect match. While I'm not as insane about Gary Oldman as most of his fans, I still think he's a damn fine actor, if a bit cheesy at times.

Edward Norton as Eddie Dean. His role in Fight Club sealed the deal for me (towards the beginning of the movie, before he became a badass). Skinny and strung out, this was exactly how I pictured Eddie Dean.

Zoe Saldana as Odetta Holmes/Detta Walker. I think if she could pull off some crazy Beloved-esque role, she would be another perfect fit. Detta Walker is a crazy bitch!

Hmm, that's all I got, I guess. I know I'm leaving out some major players like Jake Chambers, Jack Mort, and Susan Delgado, but I don't really have anyone that 100% works for those roles. When I think of Jake Chambers I think about Haley Joel Osmant, but he's definitely too old now, and doesn't really fit quite right, I always felt he had kind of a 'duh' look to him. Susan Delgado could be any number of blonde actresses, at the moment Elizabeth Mitchell comes to mind. She was so hot in Lost (that imdb pic is a HORRIBLE picture of her.) And, I'll be honest, it's been a while since I've read the books so I don't really remember too many details about Jack Mort. I read somewhere a vote for Johnny Depp, but I can't really vouch for that.

That's it for now. I've got a pretty epic (hehe) post in the works about the best day I've spent in a long time with my good friend C. It's a long one, so I expect to have it up next week sometime. Until then, Micro--out.

Other Similar Ramblings



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment