27 November 2009

Cravings

I was just at the gym on the elliptical and I was assaulted by an overwhelming craving for peach cobbler. More specifically my late grandmother's peach cobbler. It was triggered by the episode of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives I was watching while I worked out. Food cravings are very intriguing to me. They can be triggered by the most random things. I wonder if there is any kind of scientific background to why we get them or why we crave specific things. Well in light of all of this random pondering I figured I would shoot a quick post about food cravings and the random ones I've had lately: peach cobbler, pot roast, hush puppies, mussels marinara, sloppy joes, and probably the most prominent fancy-pants cheeseburgers.

I'm very aware that no one reads this blog, well not yet anyway, but I feel I must pose the question to anyone who might happen by: what have you been craving lately?

On an unrelated note I am currently composing a very large post about the first day of our trip to NYC earlier this month so keep checking back, it should be up soon.

Other Similar Ramblings



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

Ranhert said...

Hmm, about September I crave all things pumpkin. Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin ale, you name it. Mom has been making pumpkin cheesecake recently instead of pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and I really enjoy that. Cheesecake (win!) + Pumpkin (win!) = (2xWin or Sexcellent). Alas pumpkin seems to only be seasonal and it is on its way out this year to be filled with its bastard cousin ... gingerbread. Still good though ... actually I think now that I mention it, I am having a little craving for some Gingerbread.

Mr. Micro said...

Yeah, the pumpkin cravings are a given. Pumpkin is one of my all-time favorite flavors. I made this for Thanksgiving. You would've wet your pants. The sauce was ridiculous. I would eat it off a corpse.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spiced-Pumpkin-Cheesecake-with-Caramel-Bourbon-Sauce-233179

Post a Comment